Thursday, January 21, 2016

Artist of the Week: Esperanza Spalding

The Beautiful and Talented Esperanza Spalding, Is our AoW.  With a new album and Video out, you have to check Esperanza out.

By The Rock-It Scientist | January 21st 2016

In 2011 Esperanza Spalding won a Grammy for Best New Artist against Drake, Florence + The Machine, Justin Bieber, and Mumford & Sons.  This Berklee College alumni surprised everyone including me.  I was wondering, how come I never heard from Esperanza Spalding and how good is her music that she beat all these other artist that I did heard of.
I went and found her music and I listened.  Oh my goodness, it was good, real good.  This wasn't regular Jazz music, she definitely had influence from other music including pop and she is a beautiful lady as well.  I like her style, I became a fan.  Now Esperanza is out with a new video and song, "Good Lava" and you have to check it out.
Esperanza Spalding's album, "Emily's D+Evolution," will be out on March 4th, 2016
Esperanza's tour dates in New England:

Sat Apr 9
Calvin Theatre
Northampton, MA

Sun Apr 10
Tilles Center For The Performing Arts - Concert Hall
Greenvale, NY

Tue Apr 12
Shubert Theatre - MA
Boston, MA

Thu Apr 14
Apollo Theater
New York, NY

Sat Apr 16
Count Basie Theatre
Red Bank, NJ



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *